Monday, November 23, 2009

Talking To Myself

(The single page of writing referred to is from 'The Truth Is Coming' - D).

15th October, 2009.

Dear David,

I feel as if I'm talking to myself.

You seemed to enjoy the single page of writing I showed you last night, so I have decided to give you the whole thing, along with the letter referred to therein, which I call "The Truth Defined". These are for you to keep, although you may show them to Conan, who has read other things I have written. Show them to people you like and people you don't like, although I would advise giving them only copies.

I may put my writing on a blog, publishers don't seem to want to publish what I write.

In reading these letters and in life remember "The truth, though imperfectly expressed, is still the truth". The flaws are mine, the truth is flawless.

I may edit, if publication beckons. I write spontaneously, and must preserve the spontaneity of the original inspiration.

As a name for a blog, I thought 'Half-way House' might suit. I had thought "The Eternal Verities Revisited, Or Whatever You're Having Yourself", mixing the (hopefully) profound and colloquial, but it seems a bit long. What do you think of 'Half-way House'?.

Hope you enjoy all this,

The other David

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers