Thursday, November 12, 2009

Learning The Game

This is my first post to be typed directly into the blog. I had been either writing them into a word processor or writing them as e-mails, and then cutting and pasting to the blog. A Certain Person (ACP for short) said they are meant to be typed in directly. It certainly saves a lot of hassle, cutting and pasting, and editing out of addresses and so on. Instead, go directly to source, and then the blogger has charge of layout as well as wording.

ACP, when I gave you that name I said you are 'often' right, 'usually' (more often than 'often') would be more correct. Sometime, I will go back and change that word.

The title of this post is taken from a lovely Buddy Holly song. I would like my posts to be as good as a Buddy Holly song.

Transferring from a known environment into the unknown should be done whole heartedly, go all the way, it is so much better and easier.

My writing method is to either write by hand on to paper, or directly at the keyboard, as now. Either way produces satisfactory results.

In Maeve Binchy's book on writing, someone says if you don't enjoy your work, why should anyone else.

My next few posts will be pasted and edited from e-mails, but they will be the last. Thanks, ACP. (Tell me, what is the significance of 'Labels', as distinct from the title of a post? I have given this post the title 'Learning to Blog'.)

David ****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers