Sunday, November 22, 2009

Inspired Rubbish

(My first ever post - a mission statement.)

The past provides a rich source of fact, fiction, fun and fancy. I am composed of a unique mix of metaphors, myths and magic, and so are you.

Here, I will attempt to express the inexpressible, say the unsayable and repeat the unrepeatable.

The subject is immaterial, the object is all-important.

Let us get a few facts straight, in order to avoid crooked thinking.

Fact 1: I am Irish. Therefore, I put sound first, tone before content. The truth is true in tone and content. I have found that if something sounds good, or well, as my mother would have said, it makes sound sense. The truth reverberates, sound as a bell.

Fact 2: A fact is a lie and a half, as my father said. It is how the fact is interpreted that matters, and interpretation is in the eye of the beholder.

A taste of things to come, a rhyme written by me:

A Metaphor
I met a metaphor today
It said "I haven't much to say.
You see, I mean two things at once
And might be taken for a dunce."

I wish my writing to be such that its meaning is immediately apparent to the meanest intelligence, such as yours (Groucho Marx).

Genius is of the spirit (anyone can be a genius). Rubbish, crap, shite, call it what you will, are the base materials alchemy seeks to turn into gold. I make no apology for my language, now or in the future. I am made of shit and stars, and so is everyone else.

Await further developments.

David ****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers