Friday, November 13, 2009

Its So Easy

I was speaking to ACP on the phone. "I have a joke for you", I said. "Is it suitable for children?" he asked. After a slight pause, I said "Yes" (not all my jokes are). "Hold on, I'll just turn the speaker on", he said. (ACP has three children, the eldest is ten).
"Are they ready?" I asked. "They're ready", he said.

"I'm going to tell a joke, or rather two jokes," I said. "They have the same theme, which means subject. In the army, the soldiers are asking for compensation, which means money, for going deaf from firing guns. That should be a joke, but it isn't. Here is the first joke.

Half the army haven't put in for deafness claims. They haven't heard about it yet.

That was the first joke, here is the second one.

Soldiers were queuing up to have their hearing tested for their deafness claims. The first one went in, and the officer asked him to close the door, and, when he did he said 'You're not deaf, send in the next man'. The next soldier came in, and the same thing happened. On his way out, the soldier said to the next man 'He's very clever. Don't do anything he says'.
So the the third soldier went in, and the doctor said 'Close the door'. 'Close it yourself,' the soldier said'.

"Did they get it?" I asked ACP. "They got it", he said.

The title of this post is taken from a Buddy Holly song - 'People tell me love's for fools, so I here I go, breaking all of the rules' - then the the refrain - it's a lovely, easy going song.
It's easy to blog, it's easy to write, when you get the hang of it. As I said in my 'How to Write' piece, as you feel, how you feel.

My brother just asked me what I was doing. "Blogging", I said. "You're learning by doing", he said.

The subject of a piece may be absolutely anything, anything that evokes a feeling. Writing is the transmission of feeling, as is music.

I am learning by doing.

1 comment:

  1. Labels are for categorisation and indexing your blog - labels and tags are the same thing. You choose whatever labels you would like to use. With content like yours you may have labels like 'poetry', 'jokes', 'politics', 'life', 'family'. Each blog article can be given multiple labels.
    see the top of your blog for how labels can be used as a type of 'menu' for navigation of your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Followers