Monday, November 2, 2009

A Tortured Soul

(The word 'Loon' here is an internal family joke. When we were young, we had a family of that name living in out gatelodge, and we told L'Innomable that he was not really a member of our family, because he was the only one with fair hair, he was a Loon).

Don’t Be A Loon

.

.

My brother is a tortured soul, his response being to torture the soul of others. The tortured becomes the torturer. L’Innommable (the unnameable), as I call him elsewhere, has divorced himself from his original family although he does not agree with divorce. He, and we, should remember what our uncle said, There is a little bit of good in the worst of us and a little bit of bad in the best of us.

.

Billy, come home.

.

At least, ring your brother in England before he dies, speaking to his wife as well, why not. She has uncommon common sense. When I ask you to ring your brother, I don’t mean wring his neck. Aristocrats have the privilege of being hanged by a silken rope.

.

As you sow, so shall you reap.

.

I will let Johnny Cash sing my last words for me, Come home, come home, its supper time.

.

Your loving brother,

.

David (****)

.

(The above has been sent to the man himself, and I don’t mean The Man Upstairs, although it may have gone via Him).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers