Sunday, November 22, 2009

Connecting to the World

November 10th, 2009
I sent the below to Abie Philbin Bowman, a (relatively) young 'journalist, comedian and broadcaster' I and my brother heard speak today. My brother told Abie that I thought he was cynical, but not to worry, he would grow out of it!

Hi Abie,

My brother spoke to you a few hours ago at the seminar in the Irish Writers' Centre, Parnell Square, Dublin.

As he told you, I have a blog, set up for me by a computer literate person, who had never had anything to do with blogs, like myself, kestreltales.blogspot.com. Less than twenty people know of its existence, only friends and acquaintances of mine, and I want to link, if that is what it is called, as necessary, so that it is available to the general public, but I don't know how to do that.

I am a computer illiterate, but not otherwise so, I hope.

Please visit my blog, if you like it, see if someone you know also likes it and could explain in baby talk what to do to connect it to the outside world.

Also, if you like my blog, pass on its address to others, please.

Content is king, it has been said, and I intend to keep posting to the blog. Someone at the seminar said he did not like blogs because they are unedited, my stuff is. I saw it as a way of publishing, including stuff I tried to get published in the print media without success, e.g. my Today in the Dail sketch. There is great freedom in cyberspace, absolutely anything goes, and I take full advantage of that. See also my Prostitution piece, in somewhat the same vein.

God and the Devil strut their stuff in a blog near you - read and enjoy.

Let me know what you think,

All the best,

David

PS I intend to keep writing and maybe get an agent and perhaps if I get enough stuff written, there could be a book. As Spike Milligan said, I have no plan, so nothing can go wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers