Sunday, December 13, 2009

Prayers And Eff Words

I dip my pen in the inkwell and form the words "God" and "fuck" written in the ink of my life.

In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God. Was the word the eff word?

Does the truth, God, goodness itself tell evil, badness, to fuck off? Or is it too polite, being, possibly, politeness itself? To politeness, in the sense of an adopted, meaningless manner, I say fuck off.

Did Christ, when he drove the moneychangers from the temple, tell them to fuck off? I asked a friend this question and he said he beat them with a flail. I said that was telling them to fuck off.

What shall my dieing words be? I'm fucked, or fuck it, now I will fucking find out, or not, as the case may be. Or shall I end with a prayer, assuming I am compos mentis at the time?

Perhaps I will feel as one walking a tightrope, hopefully an experienced practitioner of that art.

What is life, asked an old Irishwoman, but a time between two mysteries, the mystery of our coming and the mystery of our going?

"Everything is futile, it would be better never to have been born" - Samuel Beckett. A barman said "I wouldn't go that far". Beckett again, "Fuck you God, you don't exist".

God bless freedom of speech.

David ****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers