Saturday, December 26, 2009

Letter To A Friend

St. Stephen's Day, 2009

Dear Michael,

Thank you very much for your well thought out gifts.

I have read both of them, I particularly like Kahlil Gibran's The Prophet. I have marked some passages. Some of it spoke directly to me, "Was it I who spoke? Was I not also a listener?", "And I the believer was also the doubter", "And how shall you speak of (beauty) except she be the weaver of your speech?", "Your body is the harp of your soul", "God listens not to your words save when He Himself utters them through your lips".

In the Omar Khayyam, I was surprised not to see the verse
xii
A Book of Verses underneath the Bough,
A Jug of Wine, a Loaf of Bread - and Thou
Beside me singing in the Wilderness -
Oh, Wilderness were Paradise enow!

I hope you enjoy the music I sent you.

I have found most, but not all, of my jukebox parts. I have all the parts which go to make it play, I am missing a decorative piece, as well as screws, washers, nuts and bolts. The most recent part found is a wooden shelf which has a circuit diagram, quite faded. The service manual and operator's guide has arrived in the post.

Wishing you a happy New Year and looking forward to seeing you on Thursday the 30th,

David ****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers